Saturday, May 05, 2007




THE LEGACY OF CHARLIE AND PRINCE

IN ‘LA NOSTRA COSTA’ I WRITE EXTENSIVELY ABOUT CHARLIE AND PRINCE ( PAGES 71-74) THE TWO WORK HORSES ON THE GULCH RANCH ‘SU PER LA COSTA’. IT SEEMS FROM THE PHOTOS ABOVE, THAT MY COUSIN FERRUCCIO HAS TAKEN THEIR STORY TO HEART. HE IS NOW STARTING HIS OWN ‘CHARLIE AND PRINCE’ HORSE FARM AT HIS ROMANDOLO CLUB IN ITALY.

Carissimo Ivano,

This is Nanà, the newborn of Ramandolo Club.
On April 16th Frieda gave birth to Nanà. These are the pictures.
Please, insert the news on your “Blagga”!!
I’ll send you soon the the origin of the Dri family of Ramandolo.

Sempre avanti,

Ferruccio (Dri)


LNC: Congratulations PaPa Ferruccio.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dad lived for horses. He took his horse, Blaze, to all the parades and "relaxed" on weekends helping Wilders brand cattle! I think he was the last rancher to use horses to work the ranch.

LNC: Yes, Jerry. I remember your Dad riding 'Blaze' along the coastline. As I mention in the book 'Blaze' was a Palomino and probably looked like Freida and Nana. I don't remember any other 'rancere' except your Dad, riding a house on the ranches. Ivno