Monday, January 15, 2007

CAPITOLA BOOK CAFE BOOK SIGNING EVENT A GREAT SUCCESS

THE CAPITOLA BOOK CAFE SIGNING EVENT WAS A GREAT SUCCESS. THE 'OLD RANCERE' WANTS TO THANK ALL OF YOU WHO ATTENDED AND/OR SUPPORTED THE EVENT. I AM TOLD THAT THE CAPITOLA CAFE BOOK STORE IS GOING TO TRY AND MATCH OUR ATTENDANCE BY BRINGING IN JERRY RICE THIS WEEK. THE 'OLD RANCERE' THINKS THAT IT MIGHT PROVE TO BE A BIT DIFFICULT FOR JERRY. HE KNOWS THAT JERRY CAN DANCE, BUT CAN HE SING?

AND THIS JUST IN FROM JANET LEIMEISTER, EVENTS CORDINATOR FOR THE BOOK STORE:


Dear Ivano,

I wanted to thank you for really coming through on your promises to assist Book Café in promoting your Author Event in specific and your book in general. I wish all our local authors were as dedicated to making their events such a success. It makes Book Café an eager partner.

Good luck with whatever comes next—be it in the literary world or not.

Sincerely,
Janet







WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 17, 2007 AT 7:30 PM

CAPITOLA BOOK CAFE
1475 41ST AVE
CAPITOLA, CA 95010

A BOOK SIGNING EVENT BY IVANO FRANCO COMELLI
LOCAL AUTHOR OF “LA NOSTRA COSTA” (OUR COAST)
A FAMILY’S JOURNEY TO AND FROM THE NORTH COAST
OF SANTA CRUZ (1923 – 1983)

Featuring his colorful tales of ‘Old’ Santa Cruz, Davenport and
The North Coast



WEBSITE: www.capitolabookcafe.com

TEL: 831-462-4415

Directions; Take 41st Ave (off of Hwy I) West towards the Ocean; go pass the Capitola Shopping Mall and across Capitola Road. The Capitola Cafe Book Store is located in the middle of the shopping center on your immediate right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ivano,
Here is another excerpt I got today from my cousin, Bonnie Costella Mikesell. It might be a better one to put on the blog site. It's funny, but I've learned things I never knew before -- even about my own relatives since sharing your book. Feel free to edit this if you want. Carol Schwartz

Excerpt from Bonnie's email:
"Well I finally finished the book. It's hard to explain, but I felt as if I was reliving my childhood. I either knew the all people or heard of them. I don't remember the Comelli family, but I'm sure my parents did. For instance, the DeBenedetti family -- we used to have dinner at their home and they would come to ours. Jeanette had a glass eye, as we called it then.

I use to play with Norma Dinelli at the Laguna bar-b-ques. She was in my class of "58 and she had children at Vine Hill School when I was secretary there, so I use to see her quite often. The owner of the Laguna Inn, Lena Viviani , was the sister of my godmother, Nellie Stagi, that lived in Davenport. They were the sisters of Don Stefani that owned the Colonial Inn and Don was also in my parent's wedding. I'm telling you, I can relate to almost everything in this book. Also, when my grandfather (Bardoni) died, my grandmother moved to S.C. with my uncle and they lived on Seaside St. near Phil Netto. I went to school with Julio Rinaldi since first grade. And the Fambrini's were really close friends of the family. If you ever talk to Ivano you can tell him my story."

LNC: Thanks Carol and Bonnie. I am glad that the Book touched so many memories for you. This was my goal from the start. I could write about only a few of the memories of "La Costa". There are many more out there. Hopefully, the Book and this Blagga will help bring them out. ivn0