Thursday, July 17, 2008

MESSAGE/INQUIRY FROM ANDY

Most likely they have some information for Andy.....don't you think?
(See comments for photo IDs)
IVANO SAYS:

ANDY LEFT A MESSAGE ON ONE OF MY EARLIER POSTS. I THOUGHT I WOULD POST IT HERE AT THE TOP OF THE 'BLAGGA' . ANY INFORMATION CAN BE POSTED AS A COMMENT TO THIS MESSAGE OR SEND DIRECTLY TO MY E-MAIL ADDRESS.



ANDY has left a new comment on your post "HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIOVANNI PRIMO":


HI,MY GREAT GRAND FATHER WAS PIO SCARONI, THE DAIRY BEFORE KATY SCARONI PLACE, MY MOTHERS MAIDEN NAME WAS DOROTHY ANNAND. I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON S.K. ANNAND WHO TOOK OVER THE DAIRY AFTER PIO MOVED INTO TOWN ON LAURENT STREET - HE ALSO MARRIED MY GRAND MOTHER. COULD YOU HELP ME OUT ON WHERE I COULD FIND SUCH INFO.THANKS,ANDY CARCELLOPS. MY FATHER OWNED MISSION PHARMACY FOR 57 YRS. LENA BROVIA WORKED FOR US.


Posted by ANDY to lnostra-costa at 3:44 PM

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In 1942 my second grade teacher was a Miss Annand. I don't remember ever hearing her first name. I do remember that she was a fine teacher. Perhaps she is related to Andy.

I also remember Fred Carcello very well. The pharmacy was less that a block from our house. We went there a lot. My mother and I enjoyed the hot fudge sundaes and the cherry Cokes at the soda fountain.

There was a Herb Scaroni who became a licensed amateur radio operator in the early 1960s. His original call sign was WA6FFV. He has had that changed, and I don't know his current callsign. He and his wife and daughter lived somewhere North of the Bay St. reservoir.

Andy might want to try this site:

http://www.familysearch.org

He might find some clues there, particularly under "Advanced Search" and using U.S. Social Security Records, or other features.

Saluti, Gino


Post a Comment

<< Home

Ivano Franco Comelli said...

Andy: If you get this message reply to my e-mail address: ivcomelli@arilion.com . I need your e-mail to correspond with you directly.

Lena Brovia was my baby sitter in Davenport. I write about her and the Brovia Family in my book "La Nostra Costa.

My family lived on Seaside Street, directly in back of Bay View School. We use to go to the Mission Drug Store quite often when Lena Worked there. I also remember your father. As I recall the Drug Store had one of those old fashion Ice Cream Counters. Had my first Ice Cream Soda there.. What a treat.

Also Norma Dinelli Wilson has written a couple of articles for this "Blagga" on the Scaroni's.

If you go to the top of the page and type in Scaroni in the search space provided, those article should 'pop' up, or try her byline
name LaNorma.

Hope to hear from you soon. ivno

Anonymous said...

I guess I should identify the people in the photo.

The lovely ladies in front (l-r):
Muriel (McPherson)Prolo, Angie Beltrami and my aunt Lina Gemignani.

The not so lovely gentlemen in the back (l-r):
Marvin Del Chiaro and Jerrill Kerrick (wearing my father's hat.)
The photo was taken at my first book signing at the Agnus Dei Christian Book Store in Santa Cruz, two years ago. Sempre Avanti
ivano

andycar said...

HI GINO,

THAT WAS MY MOM DOROTHY CARCELLO. SHE TAUGHT AT LAGUANA AND BAY VIEW. SHE WAS STUDYING TO BE A ART TEACHER AT SAN JOSE STATE WHEN THE WAR ADVANCED HER TEACHING CREDENTIALS. I HAVE THE LETTERS AND A LETTER FROM THE SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS THANNKING HER FOR BEING THE PRINCIPLE AT LAGUANA. SHE USED TO WORK AT THE DRUGSTORE WITH MY DAD.

TAKE CARE,
ANDY

andycar said...

HI EVERYONE,

WHO EVER WANTS EARLY PICTURE OF MISSION PHARMACY AND FRED CARCELLO MY DAD SEND ME AN EMAIL:

ANDYCAR@SBCGLOBAL.NET