Tuesday, January 20, 2009

LA NOSTRA COSTA HISTORICAL DOCUMENT

IN MY BOOK 'LA NOSTRA COSTA' I WRITE ABOUT A PARTY THAT WAS HELD AT 'SERAFINA'S' (BELTRAMI'S) 'SU PER LA COSTA' TO CELEBRATE MY MOTHER VALENTINA BECOMING A UNITED STATES CITIZEN CIRCA 1945-46 (PGS. 223-224). LaNORMA SENT ME THE NEWSPAPER CLIPPING BELOW. IT LOOKS LIKE VALENTINA HAD A FEW FRIENDS WHO MADE THE GRADE WITH HER . CHECK OUT THE NAMES AND OLD ADDRESSES LISTED. THIS SHOULD BRING BACK MANY FOND MEMORIES TO FAMILY MEMBERS. SEMPRE AVANTI AND GOD BLESS AMERICA.





'CLICCA' ON NEWPAPER CLIPPING TO VIEW ENLARGED IMAGE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ciao Ivano,

Thanks for posting that notice of the naturalization of 1946. It brought back many memories.

For instance, I didn't remember the name of Judge Atteridge, but I do now. He also presided at the naturalization of my parents.

Most of the names listed are familiar to me. I don't know if this article is from the Santa Cruz Sentinel News, or from the Santa Cruz Riptide newspaper. The person writing the article did not pay much attention to name spelling. I spotted several errors, including your mother's given name.

I don't think I ever knew the address of our first house on the ranch, (later yours) until now.

Thanks again for this very interesting article, and all the great things you have done to perpetuate the memory of our wonderful parents.

Saluti, Gino

Anonymous said...

Ivano, I enjoyed very much the citizenship article,can you imagine Valentina was only 32! I made a copy and it came out really well. I also knew a few other people on the list.
Cio,Lina